Position Description: Memorial Congregational Church of Sudbury, MA is seeking a pastor to lead our church while our senior/sole pastor is on sabbatical.
Time Period: October 2, 2022-January 8, 2023
Sabbatical Pastor Mission Statement: To support the congregation and to help the lay leadership recognize and highlight their strengths.
Congregation Sabbatical Mission Statement:
- To reflect on and ACCEPT that our church and we, as individuals, have changed during these pandemic years;
- To RE-CONNECT with each other and our faith;
- To re-discover our MEANING as individuals and as a congregation;
- To re-embark on living out our PURPOSE.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Worship (~ 10 hours/week)
- Prepare, preach, and lead 10 worship services (including Christmas Eve) in collaboration with Minister of Music, Minister of Youth and Families, lay leaders, and Office Administrator.
Pastoral Care and Staff & Lay Leadership (~ 10 hours/week)
- Provide some pastoral care in collaboration with the Diaconate, recognizing that the time required ebbs and flows with need. Additional compensation will be given for extraordinary pastoral care situations at a rate of $40 per hour.
- Meet with Church Council Chair(s) prior to monthly Council meetings.
- Attend Church Council meetings.
- Attend monthly Diaconate meetings.
- Plan weekly staff meetings with Minister of Music, Minister of Youth and Families, Church Administrator.
- Provide regular published on-site office hours.
Qualifications: Candidate should be ordained and have some experience leading a congregation.
- $650 per week for 14 weeks.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resumé to Sharon Colombo at shcolombo [at] google [dot] com. We welcome the opportunity to see a video of the candidate preaching.