7:10pm Musical Prelude: Prepare for our evening candlelight service by enjoying Christmas music led by a variety of MCC musicians.
7:30pm Candlelight Service: Celebrate the birth of Christ during this sacred and joyful tradition. We join our voices together with music, prayer, and storytelling. The service ends as the congregation joins together by candlelight singing “Silent Night.”
Masks and vaccinations are required. Socially distant singing. No indoor congregational singing. (The choir will sing one song.)
As we face another Christmas in the shadow of Covid, we continue seeking ways to love our neighbor and keep our church family as safe as possible. Like you, we all want to come together and so we have re-evaluated our Christmas Eve traditions and practices for this year in hopes of reducing the risk associated with the surge of infections from the Omicron variant.
- In order to include everyone, our Candlelight Christmas Eve service will be held in-person and streamed online.
- Our online service is designed to provide an intimate and interactive spiritual experience and will be available through Zoom and Facebook.
- Masks and vaccinations will be required for anyone attending in-person at the church.
- Seating has been arranged to enforce social distancing. (Please do not move any chairs or ropes.)
- There will be no congregational singing indoors. The choir will sing only one anthem and will be masked.
- At the end of the service, all will be invited to sing Silent Night by candlelight in the parking lot.
Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (100.0° F or higher), chills or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause)
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
“Love does not do harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fullness of the Law.” – Romans 13:10
Thank you for taking care of us and each other.
From your Reopening Committee,
Carol Hannauer, Rick Hilperts, Gerald Kimber White, Kasey Rogers, Allen Vander Muelen, and Pastor Tom
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service