Christmas Eve Service and Lighting Logistics
Requires 3-5 Deacons or volunteers
Light switch locations
- Main sanctuary
- Light switches are in the choir loft in the back right corner
- Star projector
- On ledge in front of choir loft
- Choir loft
- Three toggle switches next to main sanctuary lights.
- Side area switches are by each set of stairs.
- Chancel area
- Switches are in the parlor by the Church St. side door. There are flood lights and spotlights for the cross and back wall, and side lights.
- Parlor lights
- Located outside of the parlor doors, next to the office entrance
Before the Musical Prelude (7:00 PM)
- Get large basket of small candles in drip prevention cups from sacristy cabinets.
- Make sure offering plates are on a stand by the chancel
- Please do not put out white chairs unless they are needed. Try to fill the pews first.
Lights before service – turn off
- most parlor lights
- chandelier and spotlight by the back Church Rd. door
- Sacristy (on choir loft wall)
- choir loft chandelier and spot lights turned off
- Music Room
- Community Bulletin Board
- Hallway by Parlor Kitchen
Lights before service – leave on
- lights in parlor kitchen (so corridor can be navigated safely)
- side lights in choir loft
- star projector
Ushers/ Deacons give out candles and bulletins as people enter sanctuary
When choir is ready to process (7:30 PM)
- Turn off lights in sanctuary – all parlor and hallway lights should be off
- Turn off chancel lights with the Church St. switches – the white light on the cross will remain lit
- Choir will sing and process, the Advent wreath will be lit
- Turn up chancel lights when the opening Carol begins (“O Come, All Ye Faithful”)
- turn on one spot light over the choir (middle toggle switch)
- sanctuary lights will remain off through the service
- Count people during the service and record on the sheet in the kitchen
- 2-4 ushers needed to collect offering
- After the pastor explains the logistics, a candle will be lit off of the Advent wreath.
- The pastor will pass the flame to two deacons
- Deacons/ministers proceed down the center aisle lighting the candles of the congregation. The pastor or another minister will light the candles for the choir.
- The lights in the sanctuary should remain off.
- turn off choir spot lights (middle toggle switch) (leave the side areas lit?)
- Make sure that the lights in the parlor and hallway are turned off.
After Silent Night ends, turn on some parlor lights and lights in hallway by parlor kitchen.