Position: Nursery Attendant
Summary: In scripture, Jesus said: “Let the little children come to Me. Never hinder them! Don’t you realize-the kingdom of God belongs to those who are like children?” Luke 18:16
The mission of this position is to create a welcoming, safe nurturing environment for children so that they want to come to church and to the nursery. We believe we are called to love children and give them a place of honor in our community. Creating a clean, safe, and nurturing environment for children in our nursery helps us to honor them and welcome them. As a child care provider the Nursery Attendant will need to model kindness, compassion and concern in proactive interactions with all children.
The Nursery Attendant will be expected to model values such as sharing, non-violence, and thankfulness. Children learn to know and trust God when they experience church as a safe and welcoming place.
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least eighteen years of age.
• Childcare experience necessary
• Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
• Possess understanding of basic first aid, including child/infant CPR training (must be willing to become certified)
• Able to care for children by picking them up, holding them, playing on the floor with them, and assisting them with various tasks.
• Willing to use curriculum, sing and do crafts with children
• Reliable transportation
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children in a professional manner
• Satisfactory completion of a nationwide criminal background check and reference check
• High school diploma necessary, but some college preferred
• Teaching experience preferred, but not mandatory
Relationships: The Child Care Attendants report to and is supervised by the Minister of Youth Spiritual Discovery who is supported by the Pastor and Christian Education Committee.
Hours: Sundays 9:30am-11:30am (including holidays)
• Reasonable absences are expected. Notice must be given to the Minister of Spiritual Youth Discovery at least seven days in advance unless in case of illness or family emergency.
Please send Letter of intent, resume and references to youth [at] MCCsudbury [dot] org
Thank you for your interest.
MCC is a progressive Christian congregation of the United Church of Christ. MCC is open to and accepting of all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, marital status or financial situation. All areas of the building are universally accessible including the Church School wing, which is accessible by portable ramps present in the building. An accessible, gender-neutral, family restroom with changing table is available.